Near Howe is a newly Certificated Location site with the Motor Caravanners Club offering five grass pitches for small sized campervans with stunning views of the surrounding fells.
The access to the site includes a single width gravel track up a hill through a gate measuring approximately 3 metres (10 foot) wide. Therefore, we recommend small / VW-type campervans only, up to 6 metres long.
PUP tents and awnings are allowed, but unfortunately we are not able to accept tents or trailer tents.
- Fresh Water Tap
- Grey Waste Water Disposal
- Chemical Waste Disposal (Green Chemicals only that are suitable for a septic tank)
- Recycling Centre for Rubbish and Recycling
- Shower, Toilet and Wash Basin for Campervan Guests Only
- Washing-up facilities
- Dog friendly
- Use of the Guest Facilities
- BBQs and raised fire pits are allowed
An idyllic location
Being within the Lake District National Park and within an hours’ drive of the Solway Coast, Hadrian’s Wall and Carlisle there is an abundance of activities for you to enjoy. From exploring the fells, lakes, forest and history or just relaxing and enjoying the views, there is plenty on offer.How to Find Us